Designer's Tip: Layer die-cuts over a round paper doily and ribbon for a pretty look. Embellish with flowers, ribbon, enamel dots, and embellishments.
- Sparkle & Shine Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Sparkle & Shine Enamel Dots (link)
- Sparkle & Shine Ribbon Set (link)
- Sparkle & Shine Embellishments (link)
- Sparkle & Shine Die-Cuts (link)
- Inside/Outside Greetings Dazzles™ 3-Pack (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Baby Blooms – Fuchsia (link)
- 6” Round Paper Doilies (link)
- Craft Tacky Glue (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad (link)
- BACKGROUND Both pages: Use 12”x12” black cardstock as your background. Left page: Mat the top and bottom edges of 10 ½”x8 ½” “Sparkle and Shine” green marble border on gold sparkle paper with ¼” borders, then glue even with the right side of your page, keeping the border art on the bottom. Cut 1/8” strips of gold sparkle holographic paper and glue crisscrossing the bottom left corner of the green paper. Cut several strips of gold sparkle, green and striped papers, of different widths, and glue crisscrossing at the bottom left, as shown. Right page: Repeat the design used on the left page, but glue the matted paper even with the left side, and glue the crisscrossed strips onto the upper right corner of the green paper, as shown.
- PHOTOS: Left page: Use a wedge to ink the edges of three photos white, one 5”x3 ½”, one 3 ½”x2 ½” and one 2 ½”x2 ½”, then let dry. Mat each photo on black patterned paper with a 1/16” border and glue in place, as shown. Right page: Ink the edges, then mat a 5”x3 ½” photo and glue in place, as shown.
- TECHNIQUE: INKED AND SPLIT DIE-CUT Both pages: Use a wedge to ink the edges of the large green oval die-cut, then cut in half and glue each half under the outer edge of each large photo, as shown.
- TECHNIQUE: JOURNALED AND STACKED DIE-CUTS Left page: If using the computer, print your journaling (names, in this case) onto printer paper, temporarily glue the long banner die-cut over the printing and run through again. Remove the die-cut from the paper, ink the edges white, let dry, then foam tape in place below the photos. Ink the edges of a small oval die-cut and foam tape in place. Right page: Journal onto the die-cut shown, then ink the edges of the die-cuts used, let dry, then stack with foam tape, as shown. Font: Savoye, 24 pt.
- TECHNIQUE: INKED FOILED FANCIES AND PEARLS Both pages: Use a wedge to ink the edges and a little into the center of two large fern and two small fern foiled fancies, let dry. Ink the edges again, keeping on the edges only. Ink some of the green pearls with the wedge, let dry completely and ink again. I inked three times for good coverage. Tie a knot of gold velvet glitter ribbon onto the large ferns and foam tape in place. Glue the other two ferns in place and add the pearls around photos and onto some of the die-cuts, as shown.