Designer’s Tip: Plan ahead when you want to heat emboss stamps. Always emboss an image before you mat it (glue it) on cardstock to avoid warping the card. It's usually one of the first steps you should do after cutting out a piece of paper or cardstock. I cut a slit around the right side of the butterfly so that I could tuck in the end of the pink crepe ribbon and let the butterfly stand out a bit more on the card. I like how the butterfly looks like it's going to fly off the card—at first glance you might not tell, but it's actually part of the background piece and not layered on top. This look is easy to achieve and just takes a little well-planned template placement and cutting. I did a unique ribbon treatment by tucking in the ends of the pink bow, and tying a narrow brown grosgrain bow around the center knot of the big bow. Use Zots™ for optimal positioning. I use the Perfect Printing Pouch to make sure my heat embossed images are clear and there are no stray bits of embossing powder.
- Cut all 3 bases out of brown cardstock. Score and fold along the fold lines.
- Large base: Fold the base closed with the fold on the top. Cut 3 3/4" x 2 1/8" of multi-stripe paper and ink edges using a cosmetic sponge and Timber Brown ink. Glue to the top section (above the middle score line), leaving a narrow brown border. Medium base: Cut 3 1/8" x 1 1/2" of pink floral and ink edges. With base closed, glue it to the top section. Small base: Cut 2 5/8" x 1" of brown dot and ink edges. With base closed, glue to the top section. Cover the inside panel with the same paper.
- Large label: Place the template on butterfly border paper with the large butterfly going off the bottom left edge of the large label shape on the template. Trace the label shape with a pencil. Remove the template. Cut around the label shape except when you get to the butterfly, cut around the edges of the butterfly and finish cutting the label shape. Erase all pencil lines. Ink the edges of the piece brown. Swipe over the piece with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Stamp and emboss "Sending Happy Thoughts" in the top center of the label, with copper embossing powder. With a craft knife, carefully cut around the right edge of the butterfly, making about a 1 3/4" long slit. Tie a small bow with the wide pink crepe ribbon, leaving the ends long. Lift up the slit on the butterfly and thread the left end of the bow through, taping it to the back. Wrap the right end around the label and tape to the back. Take brown narrow grosgrain ribbon and tie it in a small bow around the center knot of the pink bow. Use Zots to secure the ribbons in place. Place Copper Jewel dazzles above and below the greeting and along the butterfly body, as shown. Mat the entire piece on brown cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border.
- Medium label: Cut the medium label from black swirl and ink edges brown. Glue 5" of black crepe ribbon across the middle of the label with Zips and secure the ends to the back with tape (or Zips). Cut 1 3/8" x 1 5/8" of ivory paper and trim the bottom into a V shape. Ink edges brown. Swipe with the Perfect Printing Pouch, then emboss the sentiment "Know that you are loved" in copper. Mat on pink floral and foam tape to the center of the label. Place Copper Jewel Dazzles along the black ribbon as shown.
- Small label: Cut the small label from allover roses and ink edges. Swipe with the Perfect Printing Pouch, then stamp and emboss "With love & caring" on the left side. Wrap 3 1/2" of black metallic twill ribbon around the right side of the label at an angle as shown, attaching the ends to the back with Zips. Glue a small bow of the same black ribbon to the ribbon strip. Add Copper Jewel Dazzles above and below the bow as shown. Mat on brown cardstock with a 1/16" border.
- Assembly: Assemble all the pieces (except the stopper) of the Triple Label Easel card according to the template instructions.
- Covering the bases: Open the top label. Cut and ink the edges of 3 3/4" x 1 3/8" of ivory pattern and glue to the space between the top fold and the next easel. Cut and ink the edges of 3 3/4" x 7/8" of brown pattern and glue to the bases between the medium and small easels. Cut and ink the edges of 3 3/4" x 2" of pink floral and glue to the space in front of the small easel.
- Stopper ("made by" stamp): Stamp and emboss the "Especially for you by:" label on both ivory pattern and brown cardstock. Cut out just the square of the ivory and glue it over the same square on the brown cardstock. Trim around and foam tape to the base of the card, about 1/8" from the bottom edge. Sign the label before delivering.
Click to view large image