Designer's Tip: A nifty trick with the double-sided papers is to fold over the corners and add a little embellishment, such as the die cut corner flourishes, as I’ve done here. Don’t be afraid to add faces to your dolls—it’s fun and you could use all sorts of facial expressions for different occasions.
- For the Front: Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover with Kindred Spirits green floral paper. Measure 1” from the top left corner and make a small pencil mark along the top edge and along the left side. Fold the corner in at the points you just made and glue down, showing the pink side. Repeat for the remaining 3 corners. Glue the front piece to the front of the card.
- Mat a 6 ½” x 2” piece of pink diamond paper on white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border along the top and bottom. Glue across the card centered.
- Cut a large oval label from lilac paper. Stamp a long swirl along the top and bottom of the label and emboss in white as shown. Mat the label on white cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue to card ½” from the left, centered on the pink strip. Cut a green long label with the cutting dies. Stamp and emboss the decorative frame and “To My Favorite Friend” with White Embossing Powder. Glue centered on the oval label.
- Cut an oval label from white cardstock and stamp the matching oval on it with Pink Pastel Fluid Chalk ink. Foam tape vertically to the card, ½” from the right and centered over the pink strip.
- For the girl: Stamp the flowing hair girl on white cardstock. Use the following Spectrum Noir Pens to color her in, using the darker color first where possible. Hair: Greens, CG1 & CG2. Skin: Pale Hues, FS6, FS3 & FS2. Tights, collar, hair bow: Pinks, PL1. With a black fine tip pen, draw a simple face on the girl, as shown.
- Cut 2”x3 1/2” white cardstock and cover with VersaMark™ ink. Emboss all over with Vintage Olive Embossing Tinsel. Stamp just the dress and shoes with Black StazOn® onto the piece and cut out. Glue to the girl image. In the same way, emboss a 2” square piece of white cardstock all over with Vintage Plum Tinsel Embossing Powder. Stamp 2 wings with Black StazOn® and cut out. Position the wings on the white oval label, then position the girl over the wings. Glue the wings and the girl.
- Cut a corner flourish from lilac paper using the cutting dies. Glue over the green label on the left side as shown. Cut 4 more corner flourishes from green paper and glue over the 4 folded corners as shown.
- For the inside: Glue 6 ½”x1 ¾” of pink diamond paper even with the fold. Glue a length of lilac metallic ribbon across the bottom of the pink diamond paper. Cut out a large oval label from green floral paper. Glue to the center over the ribbon. Cut out a medium curved label from lilac paper. Stamp a decorative frame in the center and emboss in white. Emboss “Hello there” in the center as well. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue centered to the green oval label. Stamp a border of long flourishes across the bottom using Pink Pastel Fluid Chalk ink.