Designer’s Tip: Mat tags on textured iridescent paper for a pop of shimmer. For a unique look: Use tags horizontally and have two meet off center on your card, then simply tie a bow using the two holes! When using multiple colors of ink per stamp: To avoid color-contamination of ink pads, I used cosmetic sponges to transfer ink to your stamp, and work lightest to darkest. If you want additional blending, use another cosmetic sponge. (In other words, before touching anything to your yellow ink pad, make sure your cosmetic sponge is either clean or inked with yellow only. It's very easy to accidentally cross-contaminate colors when using this process.)
- For the front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Glue 1 3/4" x 5" of orange iridescent paper vertically on your card, 1 1/2" from the right. Place the largest tag stamp on your (at least) 4" x 6" acrylic block. Open the pink, orange, and yellow ink pads. Use separate cosmetic sponges for each ink pad. Ink the top 1/4 of the tag stamp yellow followed by a couple inches of orange, and the rest pink, overlapping colors to blend. Use only a light dabbing motion to ink just the surface of the stamp. Stamp onto white cardstock. Repeat this 2 more times to end up with 3 complete large tags. Cut out the tags using the matching die. It helps to tape the die to the tag with tiny pieces of Scotch tape to ensure correct alignment when going through your machine. On tag 1, cut off the top and bottom curved areas so you end up with a straight-edged rectangle. This will be used to cover any areas of the card that are blank after you foam tape the other two tags down. Take 8 1/2" of hot pink sheer swirl ribbon and thread it through the holes of tag 2 and tag 3. Foam tape tag 2 horizontally on the card with the hole on the right, 2 1/2" from the right and 3/4" from the top. Trim off excess. Foam tape the tag 3 1/8" apart from the first tag, and 3/4" from the top. Trim off excess.
- Place a 3 1/2" tag stamp on an acrylic block and ink with yellow ink using a cosmetic sponge. Ink the edges of the stamp with orange. Stamp on white cardstock and cut out using the matching die. Mat on dark pink textured iridescent paper with a 1/16" border. Thread the pink ribbon from the left large tag through the 3 1/2" tag and foam tape the tag down at an upward angle, with the holes matching up (Ribbon end is still loose). Stamp a small tag on white cardstock in orange. Stamp "Just for you" in the center. Cut out with the matching die. Mat on dark pink iridescent paper. Thread the ribbon through the hold and foam tape the tag on top of the 3 1/2" tag as shown. Finally, tie the ribbon in a bow with 1 3/4" ends. Zot down the loops and ends as desired, to secure in place.
- Take the remaining pieces of large tags and use it to cover the still white areas of the card, trimming to fit. Cut 2 butterfly shapes from white cardstock. Stamp a butterfly in yellow and one in pink. Mat both on dark pink iridescent paper and fold up the wings a little. Apply a small piece of foam tape to each wing. Apply either Zips or glue stick to the centers of the butterflies and glue/foam tape them to the card as shown.
- For the inside: Ink a 4 1/2" tag stamp with orange and yellow and stamp on white cardstock. Cut out with the matching die. Mat on dark pink iridescent paper with a 1/16" border. Thread 1 1/2" of hot pink sheer swirl ribbon through the top. Glue the tag to the card 1/2" fom the right and 1/8" from the bottom. Zot down the ribbon end at the top (trim before the fold).
- Stamp a small tag in pink with "Hello" in the center in orange. Cut out with the matching die. Mat on orange iridescent paper with a 1/16" border. Place a horizontal strip of Zips along the card 2 3/4" from the bottom. Thread 7" of ribbon through the hole of the small tag. Position the tag hole about 1 1/2" from the left end of the ribbon. Adhere the ribbon to the strip of Zips and foam tape the tag horizontally about 1" from the left and 2" from the bottom, as shown.