Designer's Tip: This clear card has a unique look, and while it does require a bit of careful cutting, the results are well worth it! I loved using watercolor pencils on this card—they blend so well and have such nice colors. When aligning the front piece on the acetate, attach a single Zot™ first, then carefully align the rest, adding Zots™ as you go. Be very sure with your alignment before placing because the Zots™ create a pretty permanent bond with the acetate (I know this from experience).
- For the Front: Cut a 10" x 6 1/2" piece of clear acetate. Score down the middle and fold in half, creating your clear card base. Set aside. Cut a 6 1/2" x 5" piece of white cardstock. Apply a light dab of glue stick to the back of the card topper and tack it down to the cardstock (will be removed later). Cut around the entire scalloped edge of the card topper. Remove the card topper from the white cardstock and set aside.
- Color in your card topper: color in all of the colors with dry watercolor pencils first, then lightly brush over each section with a damp paintbrush to make the colors richer and blend them a bit. All the colors are from the Yellows watercolor pencil set. Use the following colors to color in the card topper as shown: 105 (light yellow), 108 (yellow), 111 (yellow orange), 115 (orange), 117 (red orange), 121 (red), and 130 (pink). Leave the dot background blank except for the areas inside the swirls (since you will be cutting it out). Cut out both the "Thinking of you today" label and its matching blank counterpart and color them identically, as shown. Set aside the blank for the inside. Cut out a butterfly and color it red. Cut off the left wing to create a side-view butterfly. Set aside.
- Once you're done coloring your card topper and labels, place the card topper on a cutting mat. With a sharp craft knife, carefully cut out the inside of the banner shape and the dot background area as shown. Set aside the card topper, greeting label, and butterfly to attach to the acetate later.
- For the inside: Apply a couple strips of Zips to the back of the scalloped white cardstock piece and adhere it centered on the inside of the acetate card. Cut 5 5/8" x 4 1/4" of black/pink floral paper from the Mirage Paper Pack. Mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue to the center of the white scalloped background.
- Take the cut-out card topper and place it on the back of the yellow paper. Trace around the curved banner shape as much as you can. Then, flip it over, align the shape again, and trace as much of the remaining curve as possible. Remove the card topper and sketch in the gaps in the curved banner shape. Sketch a line that is 1/8" inside the existing line. Cut out the shape and mat on black cardstock with a 1/16" border. Set aside. Stamp "You are Amazing" in the center of the blank label you colored in step 2. Cut out and color a pink flower and glue to the bottom left of the yellow banner.
- Take the cut-out card topper and place a Zot on the back of the top left corner. Holding the acetate card closed flat, align the card topper with the inner scalloped background, and press down over the Zot. Attach the remaining areas of the card topper with pieces of Zips and Zots, being very careful to align before adhering, since the bond is pretty permanent. Once the card topper is secured, attach the "Thinking of You" label and the red butterfly as shown, with Zots.
- On the inside, align the yellow banner with the front banner opening and glue down. Align the stamped label under the label on the front and glue down. The front label should completely hide the inside label.