Designer Tip: Die-cut vellum butterfly shapes, then stamp them with matching butterfly images. Color them in with chalks for a soft, beautiful look.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Romantique striped paper. Ink the edges black. Stamp the large rectangle image with butterflies/branch/flowers onto Romantique tan/white script paper with black ink. Cut out the rectangle and mat it on Romantique blue script paper with 1/4" borders. Mat on Romantique black scuffed paper with 1/8” borders. Mat on white vellum with 1/4" borders. Glue it centered on a 4 1/8”x5 3/8” Romantique pink patterned paper. Ink the edges black and glue it centered on the card, even with the right side.
- Use the 3 butterfly dies and your die cutting machine to cut 2 large, 2 medium, and 1 small butterfly shape from white vellum. Stamp a matching butterfly image on each vellum die cut with black ink. Let dry.
- Apply pink chalk to the flowers on the large stamped image on the card. Apply green and blue chalks on the vellum butterflies. Take 1 of each size vellum butterfly and gently fold the wings together. Cut a thin strip of Extra Sticky tape and apply it to the bottom of each butterfly body. Place the butterflies over the matching image on the stamped image on the card. Add Dazzles™.
- Use the Tiny Tags & Little Labels template to trace the Squared Tag C shape onto Romantique tan/white script paper, cut out the shape and ink the edges black. Stamp “Hello” on the center. Mat on Romantique pink patterned paper with 1/16” borders. Glue the tag on the left side of the card as shown. Zot™ a light blue bow on the edge of the tag.
- Inside: Cut a 5”x3 1/2" Romantique striped paper and ink the edges black. Glue it centered across the inside. Place Silver Border Dazzles™ even with the bottom edge of the paper. Use the template to trace a Squared Tag E shape onto tan/white script paper. Cut out the shape. Stamp “Thankful FOR YOU” centered on the tag. Ink the edges black and mat on pink patterned paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges black and glue it on the left side of the striped paper. Use glue stick and Extra Sticky tape to secure the remaining chalked vellum butterflies near the tag as shown. Zot™ ribbon in place.
- Botanical Butterflies Cutting Dies (link)
- Botanical Butterflies Stamp Set (link)
- Botanical Butterflies Cutting Die Set and Stamp (link)
- Romantique Double-sided Paper Pack (link)
- Romantique Ribbons (link)
- Acrylic block
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- White vellum (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels template (link)
- Glue stick (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Basic Chalk Set (link)
- Die-Cutting machine
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Extra Sticky 1/4" Wide Double-Sided Tape (link)