- Flutter By butterfly 6x6 stencil (link)
- Greetings 6x6 Stencil (link)
- Colorist Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Colorist Ribbons (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” white cards & envelopes (link)
- white vellum
- black ink pad
- Distress Inks Set #1 (link)
- 3 cosmetic sponges
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- Stencil tape
- Glue stick (link)
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut two 5”x1” Colorist pink dots paper and glue one even with the top edge of the card. Repeat for the bottom edge. Ink the edges black.
- Cut one 4 7/8”x5 5/8” each from white/black tiny dots paper (from the Colorist floral border sheet) and white vellum.
- To stencil the butterflies: Take the vellum and place the Flutter By Butterflies stencil on it so the butterflies start at the bottom right of the vellum and end at the top. Tape the stencil into place. Starting at the bottom right, use a cosmetic sponge to apply peacock feathers ink on the bottom butterflies. Take a clean cosmetic sponge and apply a bit of mustard seed ink over a portion of the bottom butterflies. Continue at the top of the aqua butterflies and use a clean cosmetic sponge to apply picked raspberry ink overlapping a few of the aqua butterflies and continuing for some pink butterflies. Now add some mustard seed ink overlapping some of the pink butterflies and continuing for some yellow butterflies. Continue by adding some peacock feathers overlapping some of the yellow butterflies. Keep going, adding picked raspberry ink at the end. Let dry a few minutes.
- To stencil the word: Place the Greetings stencil on the vellum with the “Hello” image to the right of the butterflies. Tape into place and mask the openings around the word with tape. Apply peacock feathers ink on a few letters, then overlap some letters and finish the word with picked raspberry ink. Let dry.
- Place the stenciled vellum on your cutting mat. Use your knife to carefully cut around only the wings of the larger butterflies, being sure to not cut around the bodies. Gently lift the wings for dimension. Glue the vellum evenly with the white/black tiny dots paper. Mat on black with 1/16” borders. Glue it centered on the card front. Add Silver Jewel Dazzles™ as butterfly accents. Place Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the top and bottom of the black mat. Use teal ribbon to tie a bow. Trim each end into a “V” and Zot™ on the card as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 5”x3 3/4" each from Colorist white/black tiny dots paper and white vellum. Stencil “Best Wishes” across the top of the vellum with the inks as for the front and let dry. Mask the Butterfly stencil so you can add 3 of the larger butterflies angled on the vellum below the words and add the inks as shown. Let dry. Place on your cutting mat and cut around the butterfly wings as before. Glue the vellum to the tiny dots paper and mat the top and bottom edges on black cardstock with thin borders. Ink the side edges. Mat the top and bottom on Colorist pink dots paper with 1/4" borders at top and bottom. Glue it centered on the card. Add Dazzles™ and ribbon as shown.