- For the card front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Use the craft knife and ruler to cut the center 2⅝"x3⅝" rectangle from the Color Me™ frame topper and set aside. Use the pens to color the frame squares, varying the colors as desired.
- Place the topper on the card front and trace the window area. Remove the topper and cut just outside the lines to make the window on the card front ONLY. Glue the topper to the front, aligning the windows. Cut out the Color Me™ “TODAY is your day” label and color with CR5 and LG4.
- Cut two 3” ribbons fold one half in a 1" loop with a 1¼" tail extending up behind the loop. Glue behind one end of the label. Repeat with the other ribbon and glue behind the other label end. Notch both ribbon ends. Foam tape the lower half of the label to the card, extending above the lower window edge. Place a candy striper round on each label end.
- For the inside: Stamp the sunflower on the cut rectangle from the topper, then cover with embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat to melt the powder, being careful not to melt the Color Me™ border. Color the sunflower with inks, using GB4 for the petals and TN5 for the center. Color the leaves and stem with LG3 and shade with LG4. Color the pot with TN4 and shade with TN5. Color the border with CR4.
- Mat the sunflower on brown cardstock with ⅛" borders, then on pink cardstock with 1/32" borders. Mat again on brown cardstock with 1/32” borders. Glue to the inside, aligning it with the window opening when the card is closed. Cut out the Color Me™ “Happy Birthday” banner and color the frame with IB2, then glue below the flower.