- For the card front: Cut a 5" x 6½" card to 5" square. Cut a piece of the green and red striped paper to fit the front, including 1 3/8" of the stripes for the lower section. Cut a stripe from the wide red stripes paper and glue it across the piece between the two patterns. Trim off any excess.
- Cut a 1¼" x 4" piece of the wide red stripes. On the back, mark the center. Fold both ends down so the upper edge of the strip aligns with the mark, creating a triangular corner "pocket." Slip this corner over the upper right corner of the green section and glue the ends to the back. Glue the front piece to the blank card front.
- Cut out the red striped pocket and fold it. Glue the tabs in place, then glue the pocket to the front, positioned ¾" from the left edge. Cut out the "special day" tag and mat it on white. Fold a 2" piece of the blue sheer ribbon in half and glue at the tag top. Add a yellow brad over the ribbon fold, then glue the tag to the front, angled as shown. Stamp the birthday cake in a blank yellow circle, cut it out, and glue it as shown.
- Cut out the star tag. Fold a 2½" ribbon length in half and glue it at the top. Add a brad over the fold, then mat the tag on a piece of the cardstock cut from the card in step 1. Stamp "birthday wishes" on the tag, then cut out the "happy" art and glue it as shown. Tuck the tag into the pocket. Cut the point off the "ta-daa" conversation bubble and adhere it to the corner trim.
- For the inside: Cut a 2¼" x 3½" piece of the green mesh paper. Add 5/8" wide red/white striped matting to the long edges of the green piece. Remove the foam tape from the back of the "make a wish" sticker, then glue it to the green piece.