Designer's Tip: Try stamping on your paper strip before punching, or stamp on the individual petals after punching your flower strip. Your flower punch board can also be used to create a cute picket fence border, or to round photo corners.
- Start with 12”x12” Kindred Flowers lace border paper as your background.
- Using 3½”x1¾” Kindred Flowers brown dot paper, follow the instructions included with the punch board to punch (do not score) the length of the strip with the “XXS” (extra, extra small) guide lines. Make a small mark with a pencil where the vertical score lines would be, to line up with the “XXS” line when moving the strip to the left. Ink the edges with Fawn ink and glue your “picket fence” even with the right side of the background, 4” from the bottom edge.
- Use the reverse punch from the punch board to round the two top corners of a 5”x7” photo. Mat on Kindred Flowers brown dot paper with a 1/16" border, leaving the upper corners intact. Foam tape 1¾” from the right side of your page, even with the bottom of the “picket fence”, leaving the upper right corner unglued.
- Using 7¾”x1¾” Kindred Flowers mauve tile paper, create another “picket fence” using the “XXS” guide lines. Stamp the multiple swirl image across the bottom of the strip and ink the edges with Wisteria. Place a Dazzles™ border along the bottom edge and foam tape your “picket fence” ½” from the right side, 3¼” from the bottom edge of your page.
- Journal names and sentiment on two 4¾”x1¼” Kindred Flowers tan dot papers and reverse punch the upper corners, and lower corners, respectively. Stamp swirls in Wisteria on opposite corners, mat on Kindred Flowers brown dot paper with 1/16" borders and glue in place, as shown.
- Stamp the large swirl image in Timber Brown StazOn® ink across the top of 2 5/8”x12” Silver Metallic paper. Follow the instructions to punch and score the strip for an “S” flower. Follow the instructions to accordion fold the strip into a circle and glue or Zot™ the end petals to each other. Sand and distress the petal edges. Silver
- Stamp the multiple swirl image in Wisteria across the top of 2¼”x9” Kindred Flowers mauve paper. Repeat the process from step-6 to create an “XS” flower. Place a large Lacy Flower Dazzles™ on the center.
- Punch and score an “XXS” flower strip with 1 ¾”x6” Kindred Flowers tan dot paper and stamp small swirls on each petal in Wisteria. Complete the flower as in step-6, place a small Lacy Flower Dazzles™ on the center, layer all three flowers and secure with a large Embellies™ brad.
- Reverse punch opposite corners of three 2”x2” Kindred Flowers green papers and two 1½”x1½” Kindred Flowers green papers. Score a line down the center of each piece to create leaves. Stamp swirls on the centers in fawn, distress the edges, roll back the edges and glue the assembled flower over four leaves, on the bottom left corner of your photo.
- Create another flower assembly with an “XS” flower from Silver Metallic paper and an “XXS” flower from Kindred Flowers mauve paper. Stamp as shown, secure with a large Embellies™ brad and glue under the top right corner of your photo. Glue the remain leaf in place, as shown.
- Place “If friends were Flowers…” and flower Dazzles™ as shown.