Designer’s Tip: The gilded flowers and watermarked flowers will attract the embossing powder when stamping, so use the Perfect Pouch to eliminate this problem. Option: you can use the Whizzy Erazer 4008463 to easily remove excess gilding flakes from around the outer edges of your image.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the folds on your left. Use the wedge to ink the edges of your card with brown ink. Use the die-cut card paper patterns to cut a front panel and step panels from black cardstock.
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the large flower along the edges of the cardstock panels and let dry. Swipe the panels with the Perfect Pouch, then stamp the scroll and leaves near the corners of the front panel with VersaMark™, dust with Copper embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Stamp and emboss “You are one of a kind”, as shown. Use a soft tissue to wipe away the powder from the Perfect Pouch. Stamp and emboss the swirl at the lower left corner of each step panel. Glue the panels in place on your card.
- Squeeze FlitterGlu onto scrap cardstock and use a wedge to apply the glue to the large flower stamp. Stamp onto black cardstock, then cover the image with Sunlight gilding flakes on the center and Mulled Wine flakes on the outer edges. Tap the flakes in place with your fingers, then burnish with a circular motion. Shake off the excess flakes, then use the Scoochy foam in a gentle pressure circular motion to burnish and remove the flakes from the image, continuing until the fine detail emerges in the image (do not over burnish or it will remove the shine from the gilding flakes). Cut out around the image, leaving a close 1/16” border. Repeat the process for three more large flowers, four small flowers and six wide leaves.
- Swipe one large flower and the leaves with the Perfect Pouch. Stamp and emboss the scroll onto the leaves, and stamp and emboss “My kind” onto the flower. Glue and foam tape the flowers and leaves in place in the card panels, as shown. Cut the flowers even with the edges of the step panels, as shown. Remove the adhesive backing from the metal dragonfly and ladybug and place on the front panel, as shown.
- Card inside: Ink the edges of your card with brown ink, and heavily ink the left side of the inside panel, as shown. Use VersaMark™ to stamp the large flower and leaves along the edges of 2 ¾”x5 ¾” black cardstock, then let dry. Glue the large flower and one leaf at the bottom right, as shown.
Click to view large image