Designer's Tip: Use holographic paper for sparkly candle flames!
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Gypsy Jewels blue/purple stripe paper, with blue on the bottom.
- Mat a 3 1/2”x6 1/2” iris suede paper on silver fireworks holographic paper with 1/8” borders on the long edges. Tie a length of ribbon 1” from the bottom edge, with a bow on the left. Glue 1/4” from the left edge of your card. Place “Happy Birthday” Dazzles™ on the right edge, as shown.
- TECHNIQUE: DIE-CUT PAPER PIECING Follow your die cutting machine manufacturer’s instructions to cut a cake die-cut from Gypsy Jewels blue/purple stripe paper, with pink on the top. Cut another cake die-cut from Gypsy Jewels blue/purple stripe paper, with blue on the bottom and cut the blue “cake stand” portion off of the die-cut. Glue the blue cake stand over the other cake die-cut, covering the purple cake stand. Glue the piece onto the suede strip, 1/4” from the bottom edge. Cut four candle die-cuts from Gypsy Jewels yellow stripe paper, and four from holographic paper. Cut the “flames” from the holographic die-cuts and glue onto the yellow candle die-cuts. Glue the candles onto the cake top.
- TECHNIQUE: PAPER BACKED DIE-CUTS Cut two flower die-cuts from holographic paper. Glue the flower portion onto Gypsy Jewels yellow stripe paper and trim around the die-cut. Glue the leaf portion onto Gypsy Jewels green stripe paper and trim. Foam tape onto the cake die-cut as shown. Back the other flower die-cut with Gypsy Jewels pink stripe and the leaf with green stripe and trim. Save for the inside.
- Card inside: Mat a 3 1/2”x2” iris suede paper on Gypsy Jewels pink stripe paper with a 1/4” border and glue on your card center. Place “Best Wishes” Dazzles™ on the center and foam tape the saved flower die-cut on the lower left corner, as shown.