Designer Tip: Painted, shimmery paper is the perfect material for making dimensional shapes—even better when these shapes are easily made with a template! The first part of the fun is in creating your own mixed-media papers, the second is making them into beautifully shaped feathers!
- For the card front: Place your card with the fold on top and cover with Fancy Feathers green scallop paper. Mat the long edges of 6½”x3½” Fancy Feathers blue texture paper on Fancy Feathers green splatter paper with 1/8" borders and glue centered on your card. Place Border Dazzles™ along the top and bottom of the blue paper, and 1” from the bottom edge of the blue paper.
- Paint 5”x8½” Silky Paper with Salty Ocean Distress paint. Let dry, then apply random streaks of Peeled Paint and Antique Linen Distress paints. Keep all paint strokes running in the same direction.
- While wet, sprinkle with Mandarin, Biscotti and Mint Perfect Pearls™. Spritz lightly with water to set the Perfect Pearls™. Let dry.
- Cut a 3”x5” piece of the painted paper and valley fold in half lengthwise. Trace the Feathers & Flourishes #1 Quail Feather shape onto the painted paper. Cut out along the traced line and cut the small feather cuts along the outer edge.
- Fold the remaining painted paper and repeat the template process to create a #2 Quail Feather.
- Unfold the feathers. Apply Perfect Medium™ to the tips of the cut feathers, then dust with Mandarin Perfect Pearls™. Place Dazzles™ borders along the valley fold of each feather.
- Place the Feathers & Flourishes template on the back of the Fancy Feathers green spatter paper. Trace the Crescent Flourish shape and score line, cut out and crease the score line. Flip the template over and trace another Crescent Flourish shape to face the opposite direction. Cut out and crease the score line. Ink the edges of both cut shapes with Perfect Medium and dust with Mandarin Perfect Pearls.
- Glue the flourishes and feathers on the card front, as shown. Place a length of both crepe ribbons together and tie in a knot. Zot™ onto the base of the feathers. Place swirl Dazzles™ on the left and right of the feather collage.
- For the card inside: Glue a 3”x5” Fancy Feathers green scallop paper ¼” from the right side of your card. Glue a 1¼”x5” Fancy Feathers green spatter paper ½” from the left side of the scallop paper. Place Border Dazzles™ along the sides of the scallop paper.
- Place the “You Are Amazing” Dazzles™ on Fancy Feathers green paper and trim around the edges. Glue in place as shown.