Designer Tip: Packing tape is an unexpected—and fun—medium to mix into your paper crafts. Not only does it give a crisp, clean transfer but it also gives a tactile effect to your cards.
- For the card front: Place your card with the fold on top. Cover with White Truffle white dots paper. Mat the long edges of a 6½”x3” White Truffle striped paper on black cardstock with 1/16” borders, then on white cardstock with 1/8” borders. Glue ¾” from the fold.
- Mat the long edges of a 6½”x¾” White Truffle cream texture paper on black cardstock with 1/16” borders and glue ½” from the bottom edge of the striped paper. Place Jewel Border Dazzles™ across the striped and cream papers, as shown.
- Cover the front of a 2 7/8”x3 7/8” photo with packing tape. If your photo is larger than your tape, overlap two (or more) pieces of tape. Burnish well by rubbing all over the tape with a bone folder. Turn over and spritz with water until the paper is saturated. Rub gently but firmly with your finger until all of the paper is rubbed off. Let dry, then turn face up.
- Mat your photo piece on White Truffle cream texture paper with a 1/16” border. Stamp the postmarks in black on the bottom left corner. Mat on black cardstock with a 1/8” border then on white with a 1/16” border. Glue ½” from the left side of your card. Glue a knot of ribbon as shown, with ends cut at an angle.
- For the card inside: Glue a 6¼”x3¾” White Truffle cream texture paper ¼” from the bottom edge of your card. Mat a 3¾”x3” White Truffle striped paper on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue as shown. Stamp “HAPPY Birthday” on a 2”x1¾” white cardstock, mat on black cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue as shown.