Designer Tip: Use a stylus to dry emboss a stencil design on Pergamano paper for a beautiful raised look. The areas of the design become white as they are embossed.
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with yellow/white patterned paper. Cut a 6 1/2"x5” black/yellow/white/gray flowers and swirls paper and place horizontally on your work surface. Measure 2” down from the top right corner and mark with a pencil. Repeat for the top left corner. Find the center of the bottom edge and mark it as well. Use the ruler to connect the mark at the right to the bottom center and trip the corner. Repeat for the left side. Mat the edge of the paper with the triangle with black cardstock leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to the card front with the point of the triangle centered at the bottom.
- Place the stencil on your foam mat so the long side of the stencil is angled toward the center of the mat. Anchor with stencil tape. Cut a 4” square of Pergamano paper and place it over the stencil so there is enough space to add a second stenciled image (mirror image) next to the first. Anchor the Pergamano paper with stencil tape. Use the 4-way stylus to dry emboss the Pergamano paper in the open spaces of the stencil. Work carefully so as not to tear the paper as you emboss. When finished, lift the paper and stencil.
- Flip the stencil over and tape it to the mat. Place the Pergamano paper over the stencil, aligning the long edge of the embossed design with the long edge of the stencil in a mirror-image fashion. Emboss with the stylus as you did for the first image. When finished, remove the paper from the foam mat. Trim the outside edges of the embossed piece into a square shape, with 1/16” borders. Cut a 2 5/8” yellow cardstock square and Zot to the back, centered beneath the embossed area (tip: Zots™ adhesive dots work well to adhere the embossed piece without showing through). Mat on black with 1/16” borders. Turn on point and glue centered to the card front.
- Glue Black/gray dotted ribbon across the card front over the embossed focal trimming side edges evenly with the card. Stamp “For someone Special” on white cardstock with black ink and let dry. Trim to a rectangle then mat on black, with 1/16” borders. Foam tape centered on the embossed focal, overlapping the ribbon. Tie a bow and Zot near the focal as shown. Ink edges of the card front black.
- Glue a 6 1/2"x3 1/2" black/yellow/white/gray flowers and swirls paper centered across the inside. Glue ribbon centered across the paper. Stamp “happy Birthday to you” on yellow/white patterned paper. Trim to a rectangle and mat on black with 1/16” borders. Glue centered over the ribbon.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack (link)
- Pergamano paper (link)
- black cardstock, yellow cardstock, white cardstock (link)
- Sunshine & Shadows Ribbons—26” length of 1/2" wide black/gray dotted ribbon (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card and envelope (link)
- Birthday Greetings Stamps set (link)
- acrylic block (link)
- StazOn® Black Ink (link)
- Flower & Leaf cornder stencil (link)
- 4-way stylus (link)
- foam mat (link)
- Stencil tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)