Designer Tip: These hardwood stamps create a rustic looking stamped image, and tend to leave some blank areas due to the nature of the hard stamping surface, but it works for this look. When sponging paint onto the Wood Block stamps, work quickly so that the paint does not dry on the stamp before stamping. Wash the stamp immediately after stamping, following the directions on the stamp label.
- Letterpress Ribbon Set (link)
- 42 Card Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- Classic Cardstock (link)
- Green Aqua Shimmer Paint (link)
- Peacock Shimmer Paint (link)
- Pink Plum Shimmer Paint (link)
- Exotic Owl Wood Block Stamp (link)
- Tiny Feather Wood Block Stamp (link)
- Arctic Fluid Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Cosmetic Wedges
- Craft Sheet (link)
- 1/8” Hole Punch
- Front: Place 6 ½”x8 ¾” ivory cardstock vertically and score a horizontal line 5” from the bottom edge. Fold down the top panel to create a cutaway card with the fold at the top and a 1 ¼” cut away on the bottom of the front panel.
- Place 6 ¼”x3 ½” Kraft cardstock over a soft surface, like a mouse pad, or a towel, to create a soft stamping surface for these hardwood stamping blocks. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply a good layer of pink paint (not too thin of a layer) to most of the Owl stamp, then green and blue to the edges and stamp the image at an angle, applying good pressure for even coverage. Repeat stamping, as shown. Let dry completely, then ink the edges of your cardstock with the Arctic Deep ink pad. Glue centered on the front panel.
- Inside: Use green and blue to stamp the feathers across the bottom of 6 ¼”x4 ¾” Kraft cardstock and an owl on the left, as shown. Let dry, then ink the edges and glue centered on your card.
- Place the “Hello” Dazzles™ on your craft sheet and use a sponge to apply a little green and blue paint in a thin layer, then let dry. Place the Dazzles™ as shown.
- Punch holes ½” from each side along the fold, thread ¼” green sheer ribbon through the holes and tie in a bow on the front, as shown.