Designer Tip: Use small pieces of tape on the back of the cutting dies to center the two large cutting dies together, creating an even frame. Do the same when cutting the window in your card front, so that the cutting die won’t shift and the window is centered.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cut 1½” from the right side, making a 5”x5” card. Cover with Robin’s Red gray dotted paper. Glue a 5”x4” Robin’s Red red/teal flourish paper centered on your card front.
- Place the largest circle cutting die centered over your card front, open your card and run through your die-cutting machine to create a window on your card front. Close your card and place with the fold on top. Nest the same circle cutting die inside the matching scallop cutting die on suede paper and run through the machine to create a suede frame. Glue the frame onto your card, even with the window edges. Glue two 5”x1/8” suede strips along the top and bottom edges of the flourish paper. Place corner Dazzles™ in the corners of the flourish paper and scroll Dazzles™ centered on the gray dot paper.
- Die cut the smallest circle from suede and glue over a matching scallop die-cut from Robin’s Red gray dotted paper. Place the circle and “Love” Dazzles™ centered on the die-cuts and foam tape over the upper right edge of the circle. Zot™ a double bow of 1/8” red grosgrain ribbon centered below the window.
- Card inside: Cover the inside of your card with red suede. Die cut the largest scallop from Ultra Smooth cardstock and use VersaMark™ to stamp the large bird on the center. Dust with black embossing powder, tap off the excess and set with the heat gun. Stamp and emboss the smaller bird front on another piece of Ultra Smooth cardstock.
- Color in the images with Spectrum Noir pens as shown. I used the following pens: Reds CR11, CR8, CR5; Cool Grays IG1, IG2, IG4. Use the darker of the colors on the outer and lower edges of the images, to create shadows. Color over the red areas with the clear Wink of Stella brush marker. Let dry. Cut out the small bird image, close to the outline.
- Cut 1/8” off the outer edges of the wobble spring (to fit the back of the small bird). Remove the adhesive backing from the clear side and stick to the bird face on the scallop die-cut. Remove the remaining adhesive backing from the opaque side and stick the small bird image onto the spring, lining up the image with the larger stamped image below. Glue the scallop with wobble bird centered on your card (be sure that the die-cut is centered in the window on the card front).
- Stamp and emboss “Hugs for my Tweetheart!” on 2½”x5/8” Robin’s Red ivory flourish paper. Mat on Robin’s Red gray dotted paper with a 1/16" border and foam tape 1/8” from the lower right corner. Place corner and scroll Dazzles™ onto the suede, as shown. Place two small heart Dazzles™ onto the sentiment. Zot™ on a small bow of 1/8” red ribbon.