Designer Tip: To cut down on static, I rinse the acetate with water and place it on a paper towel. Blot dry with another paper towel and it’s ready to use. If your acetate begins to attract dust, etc. while you’re working, this process can be repeated as needed. This will prevent the embossing powders from clinging to the acetate outside of the stamped image.
- Place the die-cut card out flat on scrap paper and ink the edges of the front (the folded side) with Plumeria ink, 1/4" all the way around. Use Post-it® notes to mask the edges of the back of the card at the folds.
- Use Rosemary & Thyme aqua/purple flourishes paper and the paper patterns accompanying the die-cut card to trace and cut out one Front Side shape and one Back Riser shape. Use Rosemary & Thyme pink/purple flourishes for a Front Riser shape. Mat each piece on white cardstock with 1/16” borders and glue centered on the matching sections of the inked front panels. Trace and cut out each shape using the acetate and set aside.
- Use the Layered Labels Template to trace the Bracket Frame A shape onto Rosemary & Thyme aqua dots paper. Cut it out and mat on Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue the label centered on the large front panel of the card, 7/8” from the bottom.
- Take the Front Side acetate piece and place it on scrap paper face up as it will be on the card. Stamp “So Many Reasons To Celebrate” on the left side of the acetate, 7/8” from the top, with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with white super fine embossing powder and tap off the excess onto the scrap paper. Funnel the excess back into the container. Use the small paintbrush to remove any excess embossing powder around the stamped image if needed. Emboss with the heat gun. Use the VersaMark™ pen to fill in the areas of the stamped and embossed dessert images below the words. Sprinkle the filled-in areas with Magical Mauve or Pink Fizz embossing glitters. Remove any excess with the paintbrush as needed and emboss with the heat gun.
- Add Ultra Clear Tape along the bottom edge of the acetate and place over the aqua/purple flourishes paper and label on the card. Use 3/4" wide purple crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the upper left portion of the card. Zot™ the acetate to the paper beneath the bow. Cut a 5 5/8”x1/2” Rosemary & Thyme pink/purple flourishes paper and mat one long side on purple textured paper with a 1/16” border. Use Ultra Clear tape to tape it onto the bottom edge of the acetate on the card with the purple border at the top. Place Silver Border Dazzles™ across the acetate above the pink/purple strip, and across the top edge of the acetate, trimming edges evenly.
- Stamp and emboss the Front Riser and Back Riser acetate pieces with white images as shown, using the process in Step 4. Fill in spaces on the images with the VersaMark™ pen and colored embossing glitters, and emboss. Cut small pieces of Ultra Clear tape and add to the back of the words on the acetate shapes. Then align and place on the paper for each riser. Glue the pieces on the card.
- Use the leaf pattern to trace and cut out two leaf shapes from Rosemary & Thyme aqua dots paper. Zot™ flowers and leaves on the lower right side of the card as shown.
- Inside: Use the Inside pattern to trace and cut out the shape each from Rosemary & Thyme aqua dots paper and acetate. Glue the aqua dots shape centered on the inside. Use the Layered Labels Bracket Label A to trace the shape onto Rosemary & Thyme pink/purple flourishes paper. Cut it out and glue vertically, centered on the left side of the aqua dots shape, near the top. Use VersaMark™ and white embossing powder to stamp and emboss “Wishing you a great big happy birthday” centered on the left side of the acetate, 5/8” from the top. Fill in some open spaces with the VersaMark™ pen and colored embossing glitter. Emboss. Cut a few small pieces of Ultra Clear tape and place on the back of the embossed image. Add tape across the bottom edge of the acetate. Align the acetate with the aqua dots shape on the inside and press in place. Cut a 5 5/8”x3/4” Rosemary & Thyme aqua/purple flourishes paper and mat the long sides on Rosemary & Thyme purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Then mat just the bottom edge on Rosemary & Thyme pink/purple flourishes paper with a 1/8” border. Use Ultra Clear Tape to tape across the bottom of the acetate. Zot™ knotted purple crepe ribbon on the card as shown. Place a length of Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ along the bottom edge of the aqua/purple flourishes paper and trim the edges even. Embellish the stamped/embossed images with Dazzles™ innies.
Click to view large image