Designer Tip: To position the butterflies, place the large butterfly on the front clear acetate label first, then arrange the smaller butterflies and word on the inside acetate label so they are covered by the larger butterfly when the card is closed. If your acetate pieces get a little dusty from die cutting and handling, simply rinse the pieces with water and place on a clean paper towel. Pat dry.
- Use the wire cutters to cut the tiny metal threads between each of the dies so you end up with an album die and 5 decorator dies. Use the metal file to smooth the edges as needed. Use your die cutting machine and the album die to cut 2 pages from each of the following: acetate, Rhapsody red tiny flowers paper, Rhapsody blue/black dots paper, blank white card.
- Now cut off the long tab from 1 acetate page. Cut off the long tab from 1 red tiny flowers page, and the inside label sections from both red tiny flowers pages. Cut off the long tabs and inside label sections from both blue/black dots pages and both white pages.
- Use the dull side of your knife to score the acetate page along the fold of the long tab, and then crease it well. Join the 2 acetate pages together with Ultra Clear tape to create a card. Fold over the long tab on the red tiny flowers page. Align the page with the acetate page on the front of the card, with the long tab overlapping the acetate fold on the left side. Tape in place on the acetate page, and then fold the tab over the edge and secure with tape. Tape the remaining red tiny flowers page on the back of the acetate card, covering the long tab from the front page. Crease the fold of the card well with a bone folder or your fingers.
- Align the white pages on the acetate pages on the inside of the card and tape in place. Add the blue/black dots pages over the white pages. Cut 1/2" wide strips of Rhapsody red/blue/white striped paper and glue even with the bottom edges of both inside pages as shown, trimming edges evenly. Add Silver Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the edges of each page, inside and outside.
- Open the card and fold the top and bottom connectors for the clear acetate labels where they are scored. Fold the small tabs on the right side of the clear acetate front label only. Bring the two labels together and use the small tabs to connect them, securing with Ultra Clear Tape. Trim off the small tabs on the back label.
- Peel the cover from a 4”x3” piece of double-sided adhesive. Place the Silver Butterflies Dazzles™ large butterfly on the exposed adhesive. Sprinkle the butterfly with micro glitter, and then use your fingers to burnish the glitter into the inner spaces of the butterfly. Shake off the excess. Use the BT7 pen to color in the blue glittered spaces, and the DR5 pen to color in the red spaces as shown. Trim around the edges of the butterfly and peel off the backing. Place the butterfly angled on the center of the front clear label on the card. Take your finger and add a small amount of micro glitter to the overlapping edges of the back of the butterfly.
- Repeat the process of glittering and coloring two 1 1/8” butterflies, and two 3/4" butterflies. Close the card and turn it over. Place one Dazzles™ 1 1/8” butterfly and one 3/4" butterfly on the second clear label, so they are hidden behind the large butterfly from the front label. Add “Wish” and small butterflies as shown. Open the card and add Dazzles™ small corners on the connecting tabs between the 2 clear labels to cover the adhesive.
- Cut a 1 1/2"x3/4” rectangle from remaining blank white card scraps. Write or computer print “Happy Birthday” centered on it. Trim the corners off one end for a tag shape. Add Silver Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the edges of the tag. Use 3/4" wide blue crepe ribbon to tie a bow, trimming the tails in a “V”. Zot™ the bow and tag together on the upper left corner as shown. Glue a 1 1/8” glittered butterfly on the lower right corner of the card front, and a 3/4" one on the center of the bow.
- Add Silver Butterflies Dazzles™ small butterflies and decorative corners on the inside pages as shown.