Designer Tip: To cut individual rhinestones I cut off one strip with an X-acto® knife, then removed the adhesive backing, placed the strip on waxed paper and cut between each rhinestone with the knife. Then I could pick up one at a time for placement, without having to remove a tiny piece of backing for each one.
- Pull the following acrylic die-cuts for use on your mobile: 4¼” flat top label, two hearts, two flowers, and one oval.
- Run the acetate under water and blot dry with a paper towel. Use VersaMark™ to stamp “Be Happy”, a swirl border, a small flower with swirl and a large flower with swirl on your acetate. Dust with Rose embossing powder, shake off excess and set with the heat gun.
- Use the flat top label die-cut to trace around the “Be Happy” stamped words and cut out. Zot™ the acetate piece onto the acrylic label. Cut single strips of rhinestones and place along the top edge of the label and ½” from the bottom edge. Cut out the small flower with swirl and Zot™ onto the right side of the label. Place single rhinestones on the bottom point of the label and on the small flowers. Place a block of 4 rhinestones on the larger flower and color it with Spectrum Noir™ pen #GB4. Punch two holes (3” apart) at the top and two at the bottom of the label.
- Remove the backing from two 3”x3” rhinestone sheet pieces and place one on a flower and one on a heart die-cut. Cut the rhinestone sheets around the edges of the die-cuts. Use the following colors in ½” wide strips on the heart: PP4, CR1, GB4, LG3, TB4. Color the outer petal edges of the flower in the same color pattern, starting with PP4 and ending with TB4 in the center.
- Trace around the stamped floral border acetate with a heart and oval die-cut and cut each out. Place strips of rhinestones on the top and bottom of each piece and add single rhinestones, as shown. Color with LG3 and TB4, and leave single rhinestones clear.
- Cut out and Zot™ the large flower with scroll acetate piece onto the remaining heart die-cut and add single rhinestones, as shown. Color rhinestones on flowers with GB4. Place rhinestones on the remaining flower die-cut and color with PP4, as shown.
- Punch holes at the top and bottom of the die-cuts, but only at the top of the lowest hanging ones. Tie each together with thread and tie each hanging strip onto the bottom of the label. Tie a length of white swirl sheer ribbon onto the top of the label and tie a bow of pink/white dot ribbon on each side.