Designer Tip: Use Color Burst to add beautiful, bright watercolor effects to watercolor paper, then die cut the roses and leaves from the papers to add beautiful embellishments for your card.
- Take a sheet of watercolor paper and place it on your protected work area. Tap some Yellow Ochre Color Burst onto 1 half of the paper, in a few areas. Holding the spritzer 5-6” above the paper, spritz water onto the Color Burst powder 2-3 times. Repeat for the other side of the paper, this time adding more water for a smoother color effect. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat on 2 more sheets of paper using the Alizarin Crimson Color Burst, using less water on 1 sheet for brighter, deeper color, and more water on the other sheet for lighter color. Repeat this same process for 1 sheet of green, using some areas of lime green and some of chartreuse and letting them mix as you spritz with water. You should have dark and light areas of green, with some yellow. Let all papers dry completely.
- Place your blank card with the fold at the left. Tap a small amount of Alizarin Crimson Color Burst onto a scrap piece of watercolor paper. Moisten a cosmetic sponge and obtain some of the color. Sponge the color onto the card edges, all the way around. Let dry. Take a piece of the yellow watercolor paper with some light and dark areas, and trim to 4 3/4"x6 1/4". Mat on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue it centered on the card.
- Use the rose outline die and your die cutting machine to cut 3 roses from the darker red areas of your watercolor papers. Use the rose shadow die to cut 3 from the lighter pink/red areas. Repeat for 7 leaf sprigs from the green sheet, using a variety of light and dark greens/yellow for the leaves.
- Layer 2 roses together and foam tape near the center of the card as shown. Glue 5 leaf sprigs near the roses. Place Dazzles™ “thank you” across the bottom of the card as shown. Use 1/8” black organdy ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the card as shown.
- Floral Fantasy Ribbon Set (link)
- Card Greetings Dazzles™ (link)
- Black Cardstock (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Watercolor Paper (link)
- Color Burst colors: Alizarin Crimson (link), Yellow Ochre (link), Lime Green (link), Chartreuse (link)
- Spritzer (link), filled with water
- Paper towels
- Cosmetic Wedge Sponges (link)
- Rose Cutting Dies (link)
- Die Cutting Machine (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)