Designer Tip: Do not hold the heat gun too closely to the holographic plastic when heat embossing, or it will warp (unless you are trying to achieve curled edges). Use VersaMark™ and embossing powder on the ends of the cut holographic feathers, then use a heat gun to set the embossing and curl the feather cuts at the same time.
- Card front: Use the patterns provided with your die-cut card to trace and cut out the front panel from Feathers feather border paper, keeping the border on the bottom edge. Glue the piece centered on the front panel of your card with a 1/16” border around the edges. Trace and cut out the side panels from Feathers teal scuff paper and glue centered on the side panels. Use VersaMark™ to stamp and emboss “Anything is possible” in black Zing! at the lower left. Stamp and emboss a Pink Fizz WOW! scroll below it.
- Mat the long edges of 4 3/8”x1/2” Feathers pink paper on Feathers teal scuff paper and glue 2½” from the top fold. Use ultra tape to center 4 3/8”x1/4” neon pink holographic plastic across the center of the strip. Tape 6 3/8”x1/8” neon pink holographic plastic 1/8” from the bottom edge of the front panel. Glue ¾”x3 ¾” Feathers pink papers centered on each side panel paper. Tape ¼”x3¾” neon pink holographic plastic strips down the center of the side panels.
- Place the Feathers & Flourishes template on the neon pink holographic plastic and trace the outline of a #2 Quail feather, then flip the template over and trace again to create one feather outline (without folding the plastic). Cut out the piece and make feather cuts along the outer edges. Repeat for another #2 Quail feather. Repeat the process to create two #2 Owl feathers from neon orange holographic plastic.
- Use VersaMark™ on the edges of the feather cuts, dust with Pink Fizz WOW! embossing powder and shake off the excess. Use the heat gun to simultaneously set the powder and curl up the edges of the feather cuts. Repeat for each feather. Use the VersaMarker™ along the centers of the feathers, then dust with Pink Fizz and heat set. Arrange and tape the feathers on the top part of the panel, as shown.
- Stamp emboss the doll in black Zing! on pastel green holographic plastic. Use the VersaMarker™ to add Pink Fizz details and heat again to set. Tape onto white cardstock and cut out around the image. Zot™ a pink swirl sheer ribbon bow centered on the feathers, and foam tape the doll on top as shown. Place flower Jewel Dazzles™ on the ends of the holographic plastic strips, around the sentiment, and on the doll as shown.