- For the card: Trim the card to 6"x5" when closed. Open the card and align it with the card base on the Side Step card template. Trace all the cut and fold lines onto the card. Remove the template and cut the lines where indicated. Score all the fold lines and crease as directed on the template.
- For the front: Trace and cut the front paper pattern from Fresh Frost aqua snowflakes and glue in place. Cut the back riser paper pattern from Fresh Frost brown snowflakes paper and the front riser pattern from blue/tan striped paper. Glue both in place.
- Wrap ribbon around the lower front, 1" from the bottom, and glue the ends to the front, 1" from the right edge. Use the Tiny Tags and Little Labels template to trace and cut rectangular label A from Fresh Frost tan paper. Stamp “Winter Joy” on it, and then mat the label on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the front at the lower right.
- Stamp the snowman/girl image on white cardstock and let dry completely. Color the image with the pens, using FS2 for the girl’s face, BT7 for her coat, and BT4 for her dress. Use GB8 for her hair, and then add shadows with TN7. Color her scarf with DR5, her hat and boots with DR7, and her stockings, mittens, and hat rim with BT2.
- Color the stump with TN7 and the birds with CR10. Color the snowman’s hat with DR7, hatband with BT2, flower with DR5 and leaves with DG4. Use BT1 to color shadows on the snowman, snowballs, and ground, blending the edges with the blender pen. Trim the image to 2½"x3⅛" and mat on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- Follow the package directions to punch out and assemble three 2½" layered paper tole snowflakes, placing foam tape between the layers. Glue one snowflake to the upper left and foam tape the snowman below it as shown. Wrap ribbon around the back riser, ⅜" from the upper edge, and glue the ends to the center front. Glue the remaining snowflakes as shown.
- Make a 6-loop bow with ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue the bow to the right end of the label, then glue the button to the center. Tie a shoestring bow with thread and glue to the button. Place rhinestones in the centers of the snowflakes.
- For the inside: Trace and cut the inside paper pattern from Fresh Frost teal/blue paper and glue in place. Stamp the sledding kids on white cardstock and color with the pens. Color the boy’s coat and hat with BT9 and his pants, mittens, and patches with BT4. Use DR7 for his boots and CR11 for his scarf.
- Color the girl’s coat with DR7, her ear muffs and scarf with CR11, her dress with DR5, and tights with BT5. Color her hair with GB10, adding in TN7 shadows. Color both kids’ skin with FS2, adding in PP1 cheeks. Color the cat with GB8 and his scarf with BT5. Color the sled rope with TN8. Trim the image to 3⅜"x2⅜" and mat on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the lower right.
- Trace and cut bracket label A from Fresh Frost tan paper and stamp “sled it snow” on it. Mat on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue as shown. Assemble a 2-layer 1½" paper tole snowflake and glue above the label. Cut out a ¾" sample paper tole snowflake, glue it and place rhinestones as shown.
Click to view large image