Designer's Tip: Use removable tape to secure the dies on the papers and cardstock before die cutting the borders and edges. They won’t shift during cutting and they’re perfectly centered on the edges! Refer to the photo to see which border die is used for each element on the page. And to make lining up and centering the dies on the card edges, I work on a cutting mat with a grid printed on it.
- Metallic Gold specialty paper (link)
- Cardstocks: white, black (link)
- Christmas Card Flaps stamp set (link)
- Card Flaps & Borders cutting die set (link)
- Fancy Christmas Tree cutting die (link)
- Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- Gold Jewel Dazzles (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Removable tape
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" black cardstock and glue centered on the front. Cut 4¾"x3¼" Gold paper and glue centered on the black cardstock.
- Cut two 4¾"x2¾" white cardstocks. Place the border die shown centered along one long edge of a white cardstock and secure with removable tape. Follow the manufacturer’s directions to die cut the cardstock. Repeat with the second white cardstock piece.
- Foam tape one die cut white cardstock to the front, centered 1/16" from the upper edge of the black cardstock, aligning the side edges with the Gold paper. Glue the second white cardstock centered 1/16" from the lower edge of the black cardstock as shown.
- Die cut a Christmas tree from Gold paper and one from black cardstock. Glue the gold tree to the black tree, offsetting them slightly. Glue the upper portion of the tree to the upper white cardstock and the lower portion to the lower white cardstock, positioning the tree ⅜" from the left edge.
- Stamp “celebrate the season” at the lower right. Place Border Dazzles™ on the white cardstocks near the upper and lower edges as shown, trimming the excess. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on the tree as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 4⅜"x5⅛" Gold paper. Place four Border Dazzles™ across the paper as shown, trimming the excess. Mat the paper on white cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on black cardstock with ¼" borders.
- Die cut a white cardstock tree and glue to the gold paper, slightly left of center. Stamp “warm wishes” just right of the tree as shown, then glue the panel centered on the inside. Place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.