Designer's Tip: Foiled Fancies are beautiful, heavyweight, embossed, metallic die-cuts which are held together in a sheet by small connectors. To use the Fancies, simply cut the connectors holding them in place, then carefully trim off the remainder of any connectors along the edge of the die-cut. You can use them as is, or alter them with stamps, inks, a sanding block, embossing powders, alcohol pens, or other mediums and tools. For this card, I stamped and heat-embossed gold snowflake designs on the silver Fancies. Foiled Fancies are gorgeous, no matter what you do to them!
- Christmas Wonder Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Metallic Gold specialty paper (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Snowflakes Foiled Fancies (link)
- Christmas Fancy Patterns stamp set (link)
- 12" of ⅛" wide cream grosgrain ribbon (link)
- Gold embroidery thread
- Coffee Brown Rhinestone Trim (link)
- VersaMark™ ink pad (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Metallic Gold Rich Super-Fine embossing powder (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Heat gun (link)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- Inside/Out Ornament die-cut cards (link)
- For the card front: Follow the package directions for folding one of the cards. Trace and cut the left front paper pattern (included in the package) from Christmas Wonder ivory tapestry paper with the border along the left edge. Glue to the left card front.
- Cut a 4⅝" length of rhinestone trim, then cut one long row of rhinestones off and set aside, making the trim three rhinestones wide, and set it aside for later. Remove the backing and place the trim on the front, ¼" from the left edge.
- Cut two matching 1¾" Foiled Fancies snowflakes off the sheet, but leave a connector on each to hold when heating it. Stamp the single snowflake on each of the die-cuts with VersaMark™ ink and cover with embossing powder. Tap off the excess powder and heat the remainder to melt. Cut off the remaining connector from each snowflake.
- Cut a 4" thread and secure one end to the back of a snowflake. Glue the snowflakes together, back-to-back. Glue the other end of the thread to the card so the snowflakes dangle in the center of the opening. Trim the excess thread.
- Punch out the largest cardstock ornament die-cut. Stamp and emboss the snowflake border repeatedly over the ornament front. Foam tape the ornament on the front as shown. Hold the ribbon and thread together to make a bow with 4 loops of each and tie the center with another thread. Glue to the ornament top.
- For the inside: Cut 4½"x4⅝" Christmas Wonder black tapestry paper and glue to the inside. Place the single row of rhinestones from step 2 on the inside, ⅛" from the center fold. Trace and cut the banner pattern (shown below) from Gold paper. Stamp “Merry Christmas” on it with Jet Black, then mat all but the right end on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue as shown.
- Cut a 3¾" snowflake off the Foiled Fancies sheet, then stamp and emboss the snowflake border repeatedly across it. Glue to the inside so the outer ends are covered by the front when the card is closed. Cut a ¾" snowflake from the Foiled Fancies sheet and foam tape to the center of the large snowflake. Place the remaining rhinestones as shown.