Designer's Tip: For the borders on this page, I used label die-cuts as patterns to draw decorative lines across the edges of 12" papers. I first placed the center of the die-cut label at the center of the 12" edge and traced along the edge to the ends of the label. Then I moved the die-cut and placed it at one end of the first line and continued to the end of the paper. I then placed the die-cut at the opposite end of that first line and continued to the other end of the paper. Once the decorative edge was hand-cut, I simply cut the 12" long strip as wide as I needed for my page.
- Pretty Posies Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Metallic Gold specialty paper (link)
- Cardstocks: red, ivory (link)
- Tiny Poinsettias Dazzles™ 3-Pack (link)
- 11 Labels & Trims cutting die set (link)
- 10 Tags & Trims cutting die set (link)
- Winter’s Garden Foil Paper Tole die-cuts (link)
- ⅜" wide velvet glitter ribbons: 18" of gold and 22" of red (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Red pen or computer and printer - fonts used: AntsyPants for the name, Franklin Gothic Medium for the body of the copy
- ¼" wide double-stick tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- Three 5"x3½" photos
- For the page: Mat each photo on ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on red cardstock with ⅛" borders. Follow the directions in the Designer’s Tip above to create a decorative edge on ivory cardstock using the 5⅞" long label. Trim it to 4¾" wide.
- Use the 5⅛" long label to create a 12" decorative edge on red cardstock, then trim to 3½" wide. Glue to the ivory strip, aligning the straight edges. Use the same die to trace and cut a decorative edge on Gold paper, then trim it to 2⅜" wide. Glue just the straight edge and ends to the red cardstock strip as shown.
- Cut 8"x8" Pretty Posies red net paper and mat on red cardstock with ¼" borders. Glue it centered on a Pretty Posies red lace paper. Glue the stacked borders to the page, aligning the left edges. Glue the three photos to the page, positioned as shown with the top photo’s left edge under the ivory border and the bottom photo’s left edge under the gold border.
- Wrap a 14" ribbon of each color over the gold borders as shown and glue the ends to the back. Knot a 4" ribbon of each color and use double-stick tape to secure to the ribbons as shown.
- Punch out the Winter’s Garden ornament paper tole die-cuts. Follow the package directions for assembling the pieces with foam tape, setting aside piece #3. Foam tape the ornaments to the page in the upper right corner. Punch out the doily paper tole die-cuts and assemble with foam tape, setting aside piece #3. Foam tape the doily at the left as shown.
- If using a computer, journal a 1⅞"x2⅞" block and print onto Pretty Posies tan circles paper. Center the 2¼"x4½" tag die around the journaling and die cut it. Die cut the lower portion of the same tag from Gold paper, then trim the lower ⅝" off the tag and glue it to the tan tag. Foam tape the tag at the lower right as shown.
- Place the poinsettia Dazzles™ on the page as shown, stacking and alternating the colors. Glue and foam tape both foil paper tole die cuts left over from step 5 just left of the tag. Place tiny Dazzles™ flowers and dots in the foil poinsettia centers and on the ornaments as shown. Knot the remaining red ribbon and use double-stick tape to secure it to the tag top.