Designer’s Tip: Because I used the curving upper edge design, I thought drawing the paper patterns would make it easier for you when constructing your bendi card!
- For the card: Follow the directions on the template to cut the card base, right panel and left panel from cardstock, replacing the angled top cutting lines with the curved cutting line on the panels. Score on the fold lines, crease the scores, and attach the panels to the card base with Ultra Clear tape as the template directs. Open the card and cut the slits in the base and right panel as directed.
- Decorating the left panel: Trace and cut the left panel paper pattern from Serenity border paper with the design along the left edge. Glue centered on the left panel front. Place Dazzles™ leaves, copper jewels, and “count your blessings” on the left panel as shown.
- Wrap the panel with the ribbon along the right edge, overlapping and gluing the ends at the upper front. Make a 4-loop bow with the remaining ribbon and tie the center with thread. Wrap the bow center with a 1" ribbon and glue the ends at the back. Glue the bow as shown.
- Decorating the right panel: Trace and cut the paper pattern for the right panel from Serenity blue/green sprigs and glue centered on the panel front. Re-cut the slit in the panel.
- Cut a 4⅛" Dazzles™ border and place on the right panel, extending upward near the right edge. Place the Dazzles™ 2½" left-facing bird on Serenity blue paper and cut along the edges. Place the remaining Dazzles™ and glue the bird as shown.
- Decorating the card base: Cut 5¾"x4⅞" Serenity green/gold sprigs paper and glue centered on the card base. Re-cut the slit in the base. Place Dazzles™ flowers on the Serenity papers as shown and cut along the edges. Foam tape the largest flower and glue the smaller flower to the base at the upper left, then add leaf sprigs around the flowers as shown.
- To display the card, first insert the right panel’s round tab in the slit in the card base. Now insert the left panel’s round tab in the right panel’s slit. The card will easily stand on display.
Click to view large image