Designer’s Tip: You can apply baby powder to the back of Dazzles™, or press onto cloth to remove some of the tackiness before using as a stencil. A small folding cardstock prop on the back would make a nice stand to display this unique card.
- Card base: Back 5”x5” burgundy suede on black cardstock. Sand and distress the edges of 4 5/8”x4 5/8” Unforgettable chartreuse paper and glue at an angle, as shown. Place gold border Dazzles™ 1/8” from the top edge of the chartreuse paper. Mat the long edges of 5”x1” Unforgettable stripe paper on suede with 1/16” borders and glue ¾” from the bottom edge of the panel.
- Use the fern mini-template to trace and cut out one fern from Unforgettable light green paper and one from dark maroon paper. Make feather cuts along the fern edges, swipe edges with Gold StazOn® ink and glue on the left, crossed over each other.
- Slides: Back Remove the glass slides from the slide book, place on scrap paper about ¼” apart and tape down at the right ends (keep the frosted ends on the left). Place a gold butterfly scroll Dazzles™ over the left end of both slides and use a sponge to pounce gold ink through the openings and around the edges of the Dazzles™. Remove the Dazzles™. Remove tape from the right end of the slides, ink the right ends and let dry. Save for the “Book inside”.
- Book cover: Open the book and ink the slide window insets and the facing panel with brown ink. Ink all edges of the book with gold ink. Let dry. Close the book and place with the fold at the top. Sand and distress the edges of 3 ¼”x2 ¼” Unforgettable floral border paper and clip off ¼” of the bottom right corner. Mat on suede with a 1/8" border and glue centered on your book. Place gold border Dazzles™ 1/8” from the top edge of the border paper Back a small gold frame Dazzles™ on suede with a 1/16” border and glue centered on the frame.
- Ink “Wish” Dazzles™ with gold and immediately sprinkle with micro-glitter, shaking off excess. Let dry then place centered on the label opening. Cut out two small gold dragonfly charms and ink/glitter the wings in the same way. Foam tape one onto the label, and save on for the inside. Zot™ a pink bow on the upper right. Cut the wire from one small flower, ink/glitter the flower and Zot™ below the bow.
- Book inside: Open the book and Zot™ on a double loop and pink and green ribbons at the cut upper right corner. Clip off ¼” of the upper right corner of Unforgettable floral border paper, mat on suede with a 1/16" border and glue centered on the upper inside panel of your book. Place the “innies” from the label Dazzles™ on the upper left corner, pounce gold ink through the openings, remove the Dazzles™ and sprinkle with micro-glitter, shaking off excess. Let dry.
- Glue 3”x1” Unforgettable maroon papers into the slide window insets and place a small piece of the gold border Dazzles™ into the arched insets on the right. Place “Happy” and “Thoughts” Dazzles™ on the papers, as shown. Zot™ the stenciled slides in place. Wrap a length of green ribbon across the center and Zot™ onto the back. Zot™ on the saved glittered dragonfly. Use strips of double-sided adhesive to attach the book to your card base at an angle as shown.