Designer’s Tip: Back the Spooky Dazzles™ spider webs with white vellum, and then burnish the back of the vellum inside the Dazzles™ with the stylus against the foam pad for a 3-dimensional look. Add pieces of 3-D Zots™ to the back of each piece to hold the shape.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Halloween black/ivory flourishes paper. Cut a 5”x3 1/2" Darkroom tan words paper and ink the edges black. Glue centered across the card. Ink the card edges black. Apply orange chalk to some areas of the black/ivory flourishes paper and the tan words paper.
- Cut a 4 5/8”x6 1/8” Halloween gray graveyard border paper from the lower left corner of the sheet, including the tree and fence. Ink the edges black and mat the top and left side on Darkroom aqua textured paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges black and glue even with the right side and bottom of the card.
- Place the Dazzles™ border even with the bottom edge of the card, trimming excess evenly. Place Dazzles™ “BOO” on white vellum and trim evenly around the edges of the spider web, lifting the Dazzle as you go for easy trimming. Now place the piece face down on the foam pad. Use a stylus with medium sized ball tip to burnish the areas of vellum within the outline of the Dazzle. Work carefully with not too much pressure so as not to not tear the vellum. If the vellum does tear, you may need to use a stylus with a bit larger ball tip. When you are finished, the vellum will be a brighter white and will be curved for a 3-D look. Use your knife to cut small pieces of 3-D Zots™ adhesive dots and place on the back of the vellum at the outer tips of the spider web and beneath “BOO”. Place on the upper right side of the card as shown.
- Back the remaining Dazzles™ for the card front as shown with white vellum as you did in step #2, and burnish with the stylus. Add pieces of 3D Zots™ adhesive dots to the back of the vellum portion of each and place on the card as shown. Back the two bottles with Darkroom aqua textured paper, trimming evenly with the Dazzles™. Foam tape near the lower left corner of the card. Add extra bats, a spider, and stars as shown. Embellish with Silver Jewel Dazzles™.
- Inside: Cover the card with Halloween black/ivory flourishes paper and ink the edges. Cut a 5”x4 1/2" Halloween gray graveyard border paper with the fence at the bottom. Ink the edges black. Mat the top and bottom edges on Darkroom tan words paper with a 1/2" border and ink the edges. Mat top and bottom again on Darkroom aqua textured paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges and glue centered on the card. Add orange chalk to some areas of the black/ivory flourishes paper and the tan words paper.
- Back the spider web portions of Dazzles™ “EAT Drink AND BE SCARY” and a spider web corner with white vellum. Burnish the back of the vellum with the stylus as before and add to the inside of the card with 3-D Zots™ adhesive dots as shown. Add stars, spiders, and a bat as shown. Embellish with Silver Jewel Dazzles™.