Designer Tip: A cosmetic sponge works perfectly for applying the VersaMark™ ink inside the openings of the stencil—it gets into all the tiny spaces.
- Bohemian Dreams Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Wood round clock face and clock mechanism (link)
- Clock Stencil (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Stencil tape
- VersaMark™ Watermark Stamp Pad (link)
- Metallic Gold Rich Super-Fine WOW! Embossing Powder (link)
- Heat Gun
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Cutting mat
- Place the wood circle on the Bohemian Dreams red/purple/ivory collage paper and trace around the edge with a pencil. Remove the wood circle and cut out the paper circle, just inside the pencil line.
- Tape the paper circle onto your work surface and center the Clock Stencil on the circle. Tape the edges of the stencil in place.
- Use the cosmetic sponge to apply VersaMark™ ink inside the openings of the stencil. Carefully remove the stencil. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and tap off the excess. Emboss with the heat gun. Glue the paper circle onto the wood circle. Turn the circle over and use your knife to cut away the excess paper covering the hole. Ink the edges of the wood circle with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with embossing powder. Emboss with the heat gun. Re-glue any paper edges on the wood that are loose after embossing. Turn the clock face right side up.
- Add the clock mechanism and hands: (Note: Handle the clock hands carefully—they are flexible and can bend easily. Remove any protective plastic film on the hand after adding.)
- Place the rubber washer over the spindle, then place the clock face over the spindle. Add the metal washer over the spindle on the clock face. Secure with the metal nut.
- Push the hour hand onto the outer plastic spindle, black side up. Push minute hand onto the inner plastic spindle, black side up. Push the metal cap into the center of the plastic spindle. Ensure there is adequate clearance on the hands so they don’t catch on each other.