Designer Tip: I applied FlitterGlu to the edges of the paper and wood circle, then added Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes for a pretty finish.
- Nature’s Touch Paper Pack (link)
- Wood clock face and clock mechanism
- Clock Stencil (link)
- Gold Jewel Butterflies Dazzles™ (link)
- 2 Cosmetic sponges
- IndigoBlu FlitterGlu (link)
- Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes (link)
- Stencil tape
- 3 1/4" cardstock circle
- Timber Brown ink pad
- X-acto® knife
- Place the wood circle on the lower left corner of the Nature’s Touch butterfly corner paper and trace around the edge with a pencil. Remove the wood circle and cut out the paper circle, just inside the pencil line, but trimming around the large butterfly wing that extends beyond the circle.
- Tape the paper circle onto your work surface and center the Clock Stencil on the circle. Tape the edges of the stencil in place. Place the 3 1/4" cardstock circle on the center of the stencil to mask the decorative center.
- Hold the cardstock circle on the center (or tape in place) of the stencil. Use the cosmetic sponge to apply Timber Brown ink inside the numbers and outer dots of the stencil. Remove the stencil. Glue the paper circle onto the wood circle. Turn the circle over and use your knife to cut away the excess paper covering the hole. Turn the clock face right side up.
- Use the clean side of the inked cosmetic sponge to apply FlitterGlu to the edges of the paper and wood. Let dry a few minutes. Add Sunlight Speckle Gilding Flakes onto the glue and lightly press in place. Use a clean cosmetic sponge to remove the excess Gilding Flakes.
- Add the clock mechanism and hands: (Note: Handle the clock hands carefully—they are flexible and can bend easily. Remove any protective plastic film on the hand after adding.)
- Place the rubber washer over the spindle, then place the clock face over the spindle. Add the metal washer over the spindle on the clock face. Secure with the metal nut.
- Push the hour hand onto the outer plastic spindle, black side up. Push minute hand onto the inner plastic spindle, black side up. Push the metal cap into the center of the plastic spindle. Ensure there is adequate clearance on the hands so they don’t catch on each other.
- For the 3-D butterflies using Gold Jewel Butterflies Dazzles™: Take a large butterfly and fold the wings with the gold sides together. Fold a second butterfly in the same manner and place the left wing of the second butterfly onto the sticky side of the right wing of the first butterfly. Add a 3rd butterfly in the same manner. You should now have a butterfly with a folded 3-D butterfly on the center. Add to the clock face as shown. Repeat with 2 more 3-D butterflies. Add Dazzles™ small butterflies as shown.