Designer’s Tip: Die cut reindeer and snowflake shapes from Heat Resistant Acetate, and heat emboss with WOW! Opaque Bright White Ultra High embossing powder for a great wintery look! Try not to bend the acetate pieces after heat embossing, as the embossed areas can crack. If it does, simply re-heat the cracked area with the heat gun until it is smooth again. Emboss acetate with the Christmas Words embossing folder, and add Picket Fence Distress Paint to highlight the words.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with blue snowflakes holographic.
- Cut a piece of acetate slightly larger than your embossing folder. Place the acetate inside the folder and run the “sandwich” through your die-cutting/embossing machine. Remove the embossed acetate and trim the edges even with the outside edges of the words. Turn the piece over and apply a thin layer of picket fence Distress Paint onto the back of the acetate, working the paint into the words. Use the paper towel to wipe off the excess. Fine-tune the image by removing excess from small spaces with a cotton swab. Apply more paint as needed until you are happy with the results when the piece is placed over the blue holographic. Zot™ the acetate centered on the card, even with the right side.
- Add Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the blue snowflakes holographic, even with the top and bottom edges of the acetate. Zot™ white lace trim down the left side of the card, even with the edge of the acetate. Use the white cord to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the lower left corner of the embossed acetate.
- Use your die-cutting machine and cutting dies to cut 1 reindeer and 1 of each size snowflake from acetate. Ink each piece with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with Bright White Opaque Ultra High embossing powder. Lightly tap off the excess. Use the heat gun to emboss each piece until melted.
- Foam tape the reindeer centered on the card as shown. Zot™ the white embossed snowflakes as shown. Die cut 2 small and 1 medium sized snowflakes from blue snowflakes holographic. Zot™ a small blue snowflake onto the white embossed reindeer as shown. Add Silver Jewel Dazzles™ on the die-cuts as shown. Place “Blessings” near the bottom of the card.
- Inside: Cut a 6 1/2"x1/2” blue snowflakes holographic and glue even with the bottom of the card. Zot™ white lace trim even with the bottom edge of the blue strip. Cut a 2 1/2"x3/4” blue snowflakes holographic and glue it centered on the card, 2” from the bottom. Place Dazzles™ “Cherish” centered on the right side of the rectangle. Zot™ the remaining small white embossed snowflake on the left side of the piece. Zot™ remaining blue snowflakes near the rectangle as shown. Place Silver Jewel Dazzles™ on the snowflake centers. Add Silver Jewel Dazzles™ at the edges of the blue snowflake holographic pieces as shown.