Designer's Tip: When adding the line stickers to the suede flowers, fold the excess over the edges to make it easy. When adding the thin line stickers to the buttons, thread the end through the first hole, then thread it through the next hole and trim—it’s easy to do this with the longer pieces rather than cutting a short one to start with.
- Cover the chipboard shape with aqua/pink/brown/white floral and textured paper with white flowers at the upper right portion of the piece. Sand and ink the edges, then re-punch the holes at the top. Cut out an individual flourish motif from the teal/pink/green/white striped paper and glue it to the left side of the chipboard, 3/4” from the top and 1/4" from the left.
- Cut a 4”x1/2” Snow suede strip and glue across the paper, 2 1/4" from the top. Cut a 4”x3/4” strip of Burgundy suede and glue it across the Snow suede, 2 1/2" from the top, so a 1/4" border of the Snow suede is showing. Add silver Thin Lines stickers across the suede and around the outer edges of the chipboard.
- Mat the chipboard on Burgundy suede with a 1/4" border on sides and bottom, trimming evenly at the top. Re-punch the holes at the top, then add Thin Lines stickers around the outer edges of the suede. Mat again on pink dotted paper and re-punch the holes, then silver holographic ripple leaving a 1/8” border at sides and bottom on each. Re-punch the holes.
- Use a glue stick to lightly add a bit of glue to the back of your pink monogram and anchor it to your work surface. Use the text border stamp, swirl stamp (I used the one on the left side of the stamp package), bee, and large floral cluster to stamp images on the monogram with Timber Brown ink. Let dry. Sand the edges, then tie with 1/8” wide sheer brown ribbon. Foam tape centered over the Suede strips on the chipboard.
- Use the 3-D Lily flower design and the lily flower center design on the template to trace the shapes onto the back of the Snow suede with a pencil. Cut along the lines, including the center circle. Fold where indicated. With the right side of the paper facing you, glue the tab to the back of your flower to make it pop up. Wrap Thin Lines stickers around the large flower between the petals. Repeat for the small flower, then foam tape centered on the large flower. Thread Thin Lines stickers through a small pink button to finish it like thread. Trim the ends and Zot centered on the small flower. Foam tape the layered flowers to the front of the chipboard, overlapping the monogram as shown.
- Thread Thin Lines stickers through the remaining buttons to finish them. Zot the buttons to the left side of the chipboard piece, overlapping the Burgundy suede strip. Paint Starlight Smooch Glitz over portions of the stamped images on the monogram—the wings and head of the bee and flower centers. Also add Glitz to the flower centers on the background paper and to the flourish paper cut-out. Let dry.
- Thread a 14” length of 3/8” wide pink/white dotted ribbon through one of the holes at the top. Tie a knot in the end of the ribbon at the front of the hole. Thread the ribbon through the other hole and tie a knot at the front of the second hole. Hang on your wall from the ribbon.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 4”x6” pre-cut chipboard shape (link)
- Pastel Monograms (link)
- Botanical Etchings Paper Pack (link)
- Snow suede (link)
- Burgundy suede (link)
- Silver Holographic Ripple (link)
- Silver Thin Lines Dazzles™ (link)
- 3-D Flowers Template (link)
- Starlight Smooch Glitz (link)
- Artful Collection Stamp set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5” length of brown sheer ribbon (link)
- 14” length of pink/white dotted ribbon (link)
- 4 Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- 4” length foam tape (link)
- Timber Brown StāzOn® ink pad (link)
- Sanding block (link)
- 1/4" round punch (link)
- glue stick (link)
- Pink buttons—3 small and 1 medium
- 1 cosmetic sponge—for inking edges of the paper-covered chipboard piece