Designer’s Tip: When using Hunkydory cardstock for folded cards, it helps to crease the folds both directions several times—mountain and valley—pressing with the bone folder each time. This forces the card to lay flatter when it’s finished. Then simply fold the sections as the pattern indicates and decorate the card. Also, when gluing the parchment petals, you may need to hold each in place for a few seconds as the moisture from the glue curls the paper.
- For the card front: Print, trace and cut the card pattern from Sunflower border cardstock, positioning it on the cardstock back so the border is along the edge of the small panel. Score on the dashed lines, then crease the scores in mountain and valley folds as indicated on the pattern.
- Cut 2¼"x4" Sunflower border insert paper and glue it to the small front panel that’s folded back. Die cut two wreaths from dark brown cardstock, then align and glue them together. Press the wreath front onto the watermark ink pad until it’s covered with ink. Cover it with embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat the remainder to melt it. Glue just the left half of the wreath to the small front panel as shown.
- Stamp the large sunflower onto orange cardstock with Orange ink and cut it out. Ink the petal ends with Orange ink. Die cut 35 petals from Sunflower orange parchment. Ink the ends with Orange ink, then use the bone folder to gently curve the petals (as you would curl ribbon). Apply glue to the inside end of each petal and attach it to the stamped blossom.
- Die cut a flower center from dark brown cardstock, then emboss it as for the wreath. Foam tape it to the flower. Die cut two leaves from light green cardstock and two from Sunflower green parchment. Ink the edges of all the leaves with Grasshopper, then curve and glue them as shown. Open the front.
- For the inside panels: Cut 2¼"x4" Sunflower sunflowers parchment and attach it to the center panel. Cut a 3½" length of the Sunflower striped border and attach it along the lower edge of the fold-down panel. Lift up the panel.
- Cut 5⅜"x4" Sunflower flower border insert paper and glue it to the large inside panel. Punch out the three Sunflower die-cuts shown and glue in place.