Designer’s Tip: I die cut and embossed the image on white cardstock, then added Splash Chalk ink for color and definition. I love the pretty contrast in adding Unforgettable papers and die cuts to finish the card.
- Card front: Cut a 6”x12” white cardstock. Score in the center and fold in half for a 6” square card. Place with the fold at the top.
- Die cutting: Open the card and place it out flat with the front at the bottom. Tape the cutting die centered on the front and place it in the appropriate “sandwich” for your machine and run it through. Do not remove the tape.
- Embossing: Place the embossing mat on top of the cardstock and run it through your machine to emboss. Remove the tape and trim outer edges evenly if needed.
- Open the card and place flat on scrap paper. Use the Splash ink pad to apply ink direct-to-paper on the embossed design. Then use the mini ink blending tool to very lightly apply the ink over the remainder of the design, leaving some areas very light.
- Cut a 6”x5/8” strip of Unforgettable striped paper and glue it even with the bottom of the card. Pop out the 2 green leaf sprigs, the 2 pink flowers and the medium and small butterflies from the die-cuts sheet. Sand the edges of the butterflies and pink flowers/leaves to leave a thin white border for contrast. Arrange the leaf sprigs overlapping the bottom of the center oval opening on the card front. Glue in place. Foam tape the small flower die-cut centered on the larger flower and glue on the base of the leaf sprigs. Lightly fold the wings together for each butterfly. Apply foam tape to the back of each body and place on the card as shown. Embellish with Gold Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Inside: Cover the card with Unforgettable purple textured paper. Glue a 6”x5/8” strip of Unforgettable striped paper even with the bottom as you did for the front. Close the card. Place Gold Greetings Dazzles™ “Best Wishes” centered inside the oval on the purple textured paper. Press into place. Open the card again. Pop out the remaining large and side-view butterfly die-cuts shown, and sand the edges. Glue in place near the words, making sure they are hidden from view when the card is closed. Add Gold Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.